Wednesday, November 28, 2007

First Time

I've never done this before. This blog thing. It's one of the hundreds, maybe thousands, of times in my life that I have tried something new, and I get the same exact feeling every time. A nervous excitement, whether I'm interviewing for a job or buying a new car or picking out a new kind of cereal...no matter how silly or extreme the situation, those nerves are always looking to activate.

About a month ago I caught a glimpse of a blog written by someone I went to high school with. She was going through a really rough breakup and writing about it everyday and after about a week of reading it I was hooked. Everyday when I'm at work and I have a second free I look up her blog and see what she's up to. I feel like it's a cross between reading a diary and watching a soap opera, and I could do both anytime.

Today I was reading hers and thinking to myself how great it must feel to be able to get things off your chest on such a regular basis. Like going to confession without having to be Catholic or attend church. The only problem for me is that I'm doing my confession while I'm at work...on the clock...and at a desk where anyone can sneak up behind me if their footsteps are quiet enough. (I have two other internet windows open just in case to hide my new little secret.)

So I'm going to try it. This blog thing. It sounds interesting and will hopefully give me something productive to do during my lulls during work.

We'll see how it goes.

5 comments:

Michelle and the City said...

awe yay! i'm glad i was your inspiration.

consider yourself added to my blogroll ;)

Princess Pointful said...

Found you via 20-somethings.
(I wish I had even 2 comments on my first post, haha!)
It is odd to get your feet wet for the first time, to put your thoughts out there for a seemingly random audience... but I find it pretty refreshing!!

Lisa said...

welcome to bloggyland!

Wendy said...

Hi! I also just started blogging, I just thought it would be fun and so far it is! :)

Found you through Michelle, by the way.

Miss A said...

Welcome! I wish you a happy and healthy blog.

BTW - found you through Michelle.